CHRISTMAS ASSISTANCE NOW AVAILABLE AT THE SALVATION ARMY
CLEVELAND, OH (October 18th, 2023) – The Salvation Army in Greater Cleveland has been working hard to ensure presents are under the Christmas tree for thousands of children and families in need this holiday season. Families needing Christmas assistance for children aged 12 and younger are invited to register at all Cleveland Salvation Army Corps Community Centers. To increase accessibility across Cuyahoga County, The Salvation Army’s Christmas Assistance program now offers an online application at SalvationArmyCleveland.org.
“Christmas is such an important time in the growth of a child. We have seen that having a toy to open on Christmas morning can improve a child’s self-esteem and how they do in school and interact with friends. We are excited to have a new online format to increase the assistance we can provide in Cuyahoga County,” stated Captain Joel Ashcraft, Divisional Secretary of Greater Cleveland Area Services.
After registering for the program, families will receive an assigned date and time when they can pick up toys and food to prepare a Christmas meal. Last year, the Christmas Distribution program helped over 1,700 families and provided toys to over 3,900 children.
Christmas registration will be available: • Now through Friday, November 17th, 2023 9:00 a.m.- 3:00 p.m.
To register, visit SalvationArmyCleveland.org or come in person to apply to the Corps Community Center near you:
- The Salvation Army East Cleveland Corps: 1507 Doan Ave. East Cleveland, OH 44112 | Phone: (216) 249-4334
- The Salvation Army Miles Park Corps: 4139 E. 93rd Street, Cleveland, OH 44105| Phone: (216) 341-1640
- The Salvation Army Ohio City Corps: 4402 Clark Ave., Cleveland, OH 44109 | Phone: (216) 631-1515
- The Salvation Army Temple Corps: 17625 Grovewood Ave., Cleveland, OH 44119 | Phone: (216) 692-1388
- The Salvation Army West Park Corps: 12645 Lorain Ave., Cleveland, OH 44113 | Phone: (216) 252-3593
Christmas item distribution will occur from December 15th through December 21st, depending on the location where families registered.
The following documentation will be required to register both in person and online:
- Your government-issued photo I.D. or Driver’s License. You must have a Photo I.D.
- A birth certificate or current medical benefit card for each child 12 years old and younger in your household.
- Copies of your County Benefits, Heap Application, and school Records - all are beneficial to show proof of household.
For questions regarding Christmas assistance, please get in touch with the Corps Community Centers listed above or call (216) 861-8185. To donate to assist The Salvation Army of Greater Cleveland in serving families this holiday season, or for more information, call (216) 861-8185 or visit www.SalvationArmyCleveland.org.