APPLY FOR CHRISTMAS ASSISTANCE AT THE SALVATION ARMY
CLEVELAND, OH (October 21st, 2020) – Families across Greater Cleveland can always look to The Salvation Army to help make the holidays brighter! Families with children 12 years of age and younger needing help this Christmas are invited to register for assistance at a Cleveland Salvation Army Corps Community Center. Families will receive an assigned date & time when they can receive toys and a bag of food to prepare a Christmas meal. Last year, the Christmas Distribution program helped over 1,972 families and toys to 4,541 children. Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, The Salvation Army of Greater Cleveland has seen a year over year increase of 85% in emergency feeding assistance. They expect this trend to continue to increase as the holiday season approaches.
Christmas Registration will be available:
Now thru October 30th 9am-3pm
Families can register via phone:
- The Salvation Army East Cleveland Corps: 1507 Doan Ave. East Cleveland, OH 44112 | Phone: (216) 249-4334
- The Salvation Army Miles Park Corps: 4139 E. 93rd Street, Cleveland, OH 44105| Phone: (216) 341-1640
- The Salvation Army Ohio City Corps: 4402 Clark Ave., Cleveland, OH 44109 | Phone: (216) 631-1515
- The Salvation Army Temple Corps: 17625 Grovewood Ave., Cleveland, OH 44119 | Phone: (216) 692-1388
- The Salvation Army West Park Corps: 12645 Lorain Ave., Cleveland, OH 44113 | Phone: (216) 252-359
Distribution of Christmas items will be held on Thursday, December 17th & Friday, December 18th at the location where families registered.
The following documentation will be required to register:
- Your government issued photo I.D. or Driver’s License. You must have a Photo ID
- A birth certificate or current medical benefit card for each child 12 years old and younger in your household.
- Copies of your County Benefits, Heap Application, & School Records- all are very helpful to show proof of household
For questions regarding Christmas assistance, please reach out to the Corps Community Centers listed above or call (216) 861-8185. To make a donation to assist The Salvation Army of Greater Cleveland in serving families this holiday season, or for more information, call (216) 861-8185.