The Salvation Army Starts Giving Season 75 Days Before Christmas
Cleveland, OH. (October 11th, 2021) – With the resurgence of the pandemic and just 75 days until Christmas, the organization is digging in for another challenging season of need. As thousands of people continue to struggle with the impacts of pandemic poverty, The Salvation Army of Northeast and Northwest Ohio is calling on everyone to help hardworking individuals and families overcome the threat of eviction and hunger this holiday season.
Social services organizations like The Salvation Army have worked tirelessly to provide help and hope since the pandemic started, but the recovery will be slow and needs this holiday season will continue to be seen at record levels.
The Salvation Army is steadfast on the frontlines of need to ensure hope marches on. “With the resurgence of COVID-19, The Salvation Army of Northeast & Northwest Ohio anticipates requests this holiday season for service to increase by as much as 125% over pre-pandemic levels,” said Major Cindy-Lou Drummond, Divisional Commander of The Salvation Army of Northeast Ohio. “With the public’s generosity, The Salvation Army will continue to provide help and hope for thousands of individuals and families in need.”
Last year during the pandemic, The Salvation Army of Northeast & Northwest Ohio has served over 3.6 million meals, made Christmas possible for over 212,000 families in need, provided over 229,000 nights of shelter, and supported over 6,600 individuals with utility assistance. Now more than ever, The Salvation Army needs everyone’s help. The following options are available for those wishing to support their neighbors in need:
- Enlist in Love's Army with a sustaining gift of $25 per month
- Visit SalvationArmyOhio.Org and sign up to volunteer at a red kettle or distribute Angel Tree gifts to children in need.The Salvation Army is applying national safety protocols at all red kettles to ensure the safety of bell ringers, donors, and partners
- Donate digitally with Apple Pay, Google Pay, PayPal, and Venmo at any red kettle across the country
- Ask Amazon Alexa to donate by saying, "Alexa, donate to The Salvation Army," then specifying the amount
- Give any amount by texting "KETTLES" to 51555
- Provide new toys and clothing through The Salvation Army Angel Tree for local children of families in need
Every donation helps hope march on for those in need, and all gifts stay within the community in which they are given.