OPPORTUNITIES THROUGHOUT THE YEAR
The Salvation Army of the Syracuse Area offers more than 40 distinct services to residents of Onondaga County and serves more than 40,000 individuals each year. Many of our programs would not be possible without the thousands of hours that are donated each year by our generous volunteers. Below are some of the programs where volunteers are most needed.
• Day Care/Preschool Centers (must be 18 or older, or at least 14 if accompanied by a parent or guardian) - basic child care tasks, recreational activities, arts and crafts and tutoring
• Senior Center - help serve meals, provide companionship and participate in recreational activities.
• Special Events - Turn Around Jumpers 3-on-3 Basketball Tournament, Civic Celebration, Christmas Bureau
• Food Pantry - (must be 16 or older, or at least 14 if accompanied by a parent or guardian) help food pantry staff sort, stock, package and distribute groceries for needy families. Some lifting of heavy items is required.
Food Pantry Pickups - We are in need of a driver for weekly pickups of donations to our food pantry!
• Dishwasher - Monday through Friday 8 a.m. - 12 p.m.
Contact us for additional volunteer and internship opportunities today!
Cheryl Mann 315-479-1159 Cheryl.Mann@USE.SalvationArmy.Org