The Salvation Army Western PA Division Launches 2021 Red Kettle Campaign: Hope Marches On
PITTSBURGH, Pa. (November 23, 2021) –The Salvation Army Western PA Division is helping families and individuals in need to remember that Hope Marches On in the face of pandemic poverty, as this year’s Red Kettle Campaign kicks off with a goal of raising $2.4 million.
The Salvation Army Western PA Division is now stationing its iconic red kettles across 28 counties at local retailers where people can donate safely to support local feeding programs and more in the spirit of the season. The Salvation Army thanks its Red Kettle Kickoff Sponsor for Allegheny County this year: PNC Bank.
The Salvation Army’s Annual Red Kettle Campaign supports families and individuals in need in YOUR community with:
- Utility, Rental, and Food Assistance
- Clothing and Other Basic Needs
- Summer Camp Programs for Youth and Seniors
- Holiday Meals and Christmas Gifts for Children
The Western PA Division’s Kettle Fundraising Goal is $2.4 million, and its goal for Allegheny County is $569,000.
Ways to Donate Today:
- Visit www.salvationarmywpa.org/HopeMarchesOn and donate online.
- Donate digitally with Apple Pay or Google Pay at a physical red kettle.
- Ask Amazon Alexa to donate by saying, “Alexa, donate to The Salvation Army,” then specifying the amount.
- Give any amount by texting "KETTLES" to 51555.
- With spare change and cash at a physical red kettle at your local retailer.
- By rounding up your online or app purchase at Walmart through Dec. 28
“With the resurgence of the pandemic, The Salvation Army Western PA Division is digging in for another challenging season of need, and our generous donors and supporters allow us to continue to serve those most in need,” said Major Gregory Hartshorn, Divisional Commander. “As thousands of people continue to struggle with the impacts of pandemic poverty, we are calling on everyone to help individuals and families overcome the threat of eviction amid the holiday season by donating to the Red Kettle Campaign. With your help, Hope Marches On for local families, as all donations remain in your local community.”
During Fiscal Year 2020 The Salvation Army Western PA Division:
- Served 590,318 men, women, and children
- Provided 710,186 meals
- Provided 381,840 grocery orders
- 732 Housing/rent assistance cases
- 2,375 Utility assistance cases
- Provided 46,290 nights of shelter and stable housing
- Provided 10,097 Educational Programs
The Salvation Army is implementing COVID-19 safety protocols and requirements at all red kettles to ensure the health and safety of Bell Ringers and for all donors. Volunteer bell ringers and additional kettle sites are always needed. Please call (412) 446-1500 to contact your local Salvation Army for more information.
Celebrating over 150 years of global service as both a church and a social service organization, The Salvation Army began in London, England in 1865. Today, it provides critical services in 132 countries worldwide. The 28-county Western Pennsylvania Division serves thousands of needy families through a wide variety of support services. To learn more about The Salvation Army in Western Pennsylvania, log on to www.wpa.salvationarmy.org. The Salvation Army … doing the most good for the most people in the most need.