Washington Salvation Army Announces Snowman Trail Fundraising Contest
WASHINGTON, Pa. (October 27, 2020) – The Washington Salvation Army is creating an indoor “Winter Wonderland” for the whole family to enjoy with a “Snowman Trail” Contest and fundraiser open to the community.
“This is a great way to get into the spirit of the season by taking a leisurely stroll through a trail of snowmen created by local residents and businesses,” said Washington Salvation Army Captain Amber Imhoff. “Washington Crown Center Mall patrons will vote for their favorite snowman by placing monetary donations in The Salvation Army counter kettle near each of the snowmen.”
There will be three categories for prizes, including Most Traditional, Most Unique, and Most Fundraised. The winners of each category will win a special snowman prize.
Those who want to register a snowman in the contest should click here to fill out the form.
All funds raised will go toward The Washington Salvation Army Red Kettle Campaign. Your donations help us fight for good in our community all year long, through emergency assistance and educational programming for the entire family.
The Snowman Trail will be on display from December 1 through December 21 at The Washington Crown Center Mall. Visitors can vote on their favorite by placing a donation in the red kettle placed next to the snowman. Our favorite “Frozen” sisters will be visiting on December 2 and 16 from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. and will be available for pictures. Donations can also be made online here: Salvationarmywpa.org/snowmantrail
The contest rules include:
- To participate in the contest, register online here.
- All snowmen must measure between 3 feet and 7 feet in height.
- Snowmen must be freestanding.
- Snowmen must be family friendly (The Washington Salvation Army reserves the right to refuse an entry that is not family friendly.)
- All snowmen must be made of recycled materials or reused materials. Art supplies may be used in helping to decorate your snowmen.
- Snowmen may be entered by an individual, group or business.
- Snowmen may not contain any perishable items or sharp items.
- Each snowman will also be listed on our website for people to vote by making online donations as well.
- Snowmen should be brought in through the Joann Fabrics entrance of the Washington Crown Center Mall. We will have a small amount of carts available to help transport at your scheduled time.
The Washington Crown Center Mall Address for drop off and pick up is 1500 W Chestnut St, Washington, PA 15301. Businesses that would like to sponsor the Snowman Trail can give a $100 donation to have their logo placed on our advertisement signs. Sponsors will also be mentioned on our Facebook page. Special Snowman Trail Fun Patches are available for a $2 donation.
The Salvation Army Western PA Division provided 256,054 meals and 72,118 food boxes during the first three months of the pandemic, equal to 70% of the total meals and 50% of the total food boxes provided throughout the twelve full months of last fiscal year.
It is estimated that we will serve up to 155% more people this year with Christmas assistance: helping to put food on the table, helping to pay their bills, offering a safe place of shelter and warmth, and providing gifts and toys for children.
For more information and to donate, visit Salvationarmywpa.org/snowmantrail or email Captain Amber Imhoff at email@example.com.
Celebrating over 150 years of global service as both a church and a social service organization, The Salvation Army began in London, England in 1865. Today, it provides critical services in 127 countries worldwide. The 28-county Western Pennsylvania Division serves thousands of needy families through a wide variety of support services. To learn more about The Salvation Army in Western Pennsylvania, log on to www.wpa.salvationarmy.org The Salvation Army … doing the most good for the most people in the most need.
Stephanie Rex, Director of Marketing and Public Relations
The Salvation Army Western Pennsylvania Division
Email | Office: (412) 446-1642 | Cell: (412) 463-2942